Superior morning Beach front Volleyball Fans,
And satisfied … Monday? Certainly, we’ve moved the Seaside Volleyball Digest to Monday, at the behest of Tom Feuer, who properly assessed that if we ended up to run our weekly roundup on Mondays, we’d have a total whole lot far more to incorporate.
And boy, do we.
This weekend was a wild a single, with Brazil likely total Brazil in Brazil, Sara Hughes and Kelly Cheng snatching souls in the debut of their reunion tour in Huntington Beach front, and the Taylors searching incredibly substantially like the team we envisioned them to be when they partnered up before this year.
Before we head out of the country, we’ll start neighborhood, at Beach Blvd. in Huntington Beach front.
All bow down to the No. 1 seeds
This earlier weekend, the AVP returned to Huntington Beach — one of my preferred stops on Tour, and a single of the far more underrated beach locations out there — for the 1st time considering the fact that 2019. The moment the once-a-year time-opening function, it is been set on the bench due, in accordance to the AVP, to COVID motives. It was excellent to have expert seashore volleyball again in Huntington, and it was in particular amazing to have it again in Huntington if you ended up the one particular seed.
Those had been Kelly Cheng and Sara Hughes, back again with each other again for the initially time considering the fact that 2017, and Taylor Crabb and Taylor Sander. Cheng and Hughes, who are viewed as by us at SANDCAST as the top rated American potential group to qualify for the Paris Olympics, seemed even greater than the hype equipment touted them to be, which was sizeable.
They didn’t just conquer groups they snatched their souls and tossed them into the Pacific. Only two of the 10 sets they played this weekend arrived nearer than 21-15, and the last established of the weekend, from Katie Horton and Brook Bauer, was 21-7. A fitting finale to a dominant debut for the Cheng and Hughes (insert new team title listed here).
Crabb and Sander, meanwhile, set on a demolition derby of their possess, dropping just a one set, to Logan Webber and Seain Cook, en route to their next straight AVP get. They polished off Avery Drost and Chase Frishman in the finals, 21-17, 21-14.
Other notes from AVP Huntington Seashore
- Molly Turner picks up a new associate … and keeps on profitable. In her debut with Kaitlyn Malaney, Turner has now performed with 5 unique associates this period — Jessica Gaffney, Maddie Anderson, Torrey Van Winden, Carly Skjodt — and has had noteworthy success with all of them. Her and Malaney took 3rd in Huntington. She’ll be again with Malaney in Central Florida in December.
- Carly Wopat, teaming with Megan Rice, had the most effective AVP finish of her profession in Huntington, finishing fifth and sealing up a place in the Central Florida Professional Series in early December. She took some time off to turn into a firefighter, and is now back on the seaside, seeking fairly spectacular.
- Speaking of Central Florida, the trickle-down for who received the bids from Huntington went all the way down to NINTH for the adult males, the biggest trickle I’ve noticed in a Tour Series. The two bids went to Lev Priima and Noah Dyer in seventh, and, hilariously, Raffe Paulis and Brian Miller, in ninth. Sheesh.
- For the women, it went even further more — to 13th! Iya Lindahl and Tiffany Creamer in some way locked up a major attract location in Central Florida with a 13th in Huntington Beach front. Megan Gebhard and Chelsea Rice claimed the other most important draw bid with a ninth.
- JM Plummer and I experienced a struggle with Tim Bomgren and Piotr Marciniak in the next spherical, which you can view on the SANDCAST YouTube website page. I’ll also drop our matches from Tim Brewster and Kyle Friend (probably the highest-degree volleyball match I’ve been a portion of in my career), Tyler Penberthy and Carlos Jimenez, Evan Cory and Paul Lotman, and our absolute pistol-whipping in opposition to Avery Drost and Chase Frishman.
Future, and past, on the AVP plan will be the Central Florida Open up.
A Brazilian major podium in Brazil
If you ended up paying far more awareness to the Uberlandia Elite 16 than the Huntington Tour Sequence this weekend, I just cannot blame you. Some of the best matches of the whole Beach front Pro Tour year took location in Brazil, and if you occurred to miss Andre and George upsetting Anders Mol and Christian Sorum in the semifinals, or Andre and George winning a marathon gold medal match above King Arthur Mariano and the Ageless Pedro Salgado…or Mol and Sorum successful bronze in three above Vitor Felipe and Renato Lima, perfectly, do yourself a favor and carve out some time to observe all of them. They are very well well worth your time.
Notes from Uberlandia:
- As dominant as Mol and Sorum have been these earlier four yrs, no person performs far better seashore volleyball in Brazil than Andre and George. They’ve now won three straight Seaside Professional Tour gatherings in Brazil, dating back to the Itapema Four-Star in the drop of 2021. They won in Itapema earlier this calendar year, and claimed gold nevertheless all over again in Uberlandia. They are now No. 3 in the environment, guiding Mol and Sorum and Alex Brouwer and Robert Meeuwsen.
- The women’s discipline, which highlighted Nine Brazilian teams, went how you would in all probability expect: An all-Brazil podium, with Entire world Champs Duda and Ana Patricia claiming gold, Andressa Cavalcanti and Vitoria De Souza silver, and Barbara and Carol bronze. People Sarah Sponcil and Terese Cannon, pursuing their silver medal from Cape City, took fifth, though Megan Kraft and Emily Stockman finished ninth.
Next up on the Beach front Professional Tour are back again-to-back again gatherings in Torquay — pronounced Tor-vital — Australia.
Other information on the beach
- In NORCECA Adventureland in the Cayman Islands, Jake Urrutia and Ian Satterfield, and Teegan Van Gunst and Katie Lindstrom gained gold medals. Cayman marks the remaining frequent time quit, so to communicate, on the NORCECA Tour this year, with the ever-tenuous Continental Championships allegedly occurring sometime amongst now and New Year’s. We’ll see.
- My favorite beach front volleyball player in the entire world is heading to cease taking part in seashore volleyball for a bit, because DELANEY IS Expecting! That is correct: We’ve obtained our very first kiddo coming in April. At our previous ultrasound, we double-checked to make sure he or she — we will not be getting out the sexual intercourse till the child pops out of the oven — is hand-location only. #NeverBumpSet.
That is all for now, people. Pleased Monday. Happy Drop.